High blood sugar levels are always dangerous. There are times when glucose levels are high due to certain factors, such as a very heavy meal, but generally the body is able to control it by itself. Glucose is vital for the body, as it is the source of daily energy. However, when glucose levels are always high, diabetes can occur, and that is why we present these 3 infusions to control blood sugar.
Diabetes is a chronic condition in which the pancreas does not produce insulin, a hormone that prevents sugar from entering the cells, and decreases the amount that runs through the bloodstream. It can also happen that the pancreas does produce insulin, but it does not do its job, and, consequently, the sugar remains in the blood, unbalancing the organism. In the first case, it is referred to as type I diabetes and people who suffer from it must inject insulin. When it is the second case, we speak of type II diabetes, and those who suffer from it can control it with a balanced diet and certain physical activity.
There are certain substances in nature that, when taken in infusion, help to control blood glucose levels and thus maintain the proper functioning of the organism. It is always advisable to ask a specialist about the convenience of including infusions to control glycemia, in case of having diabetes.
- 15 grams of fenugreek
- 3 pods of green beans
- 15 grams of green tea
- 3 cups of water
How to prepare 3 infusions to control blood sugar:
- Fenugreek infusion: use 15 grams of fenugreek per cup of water.
- In a saucepan put the amount of water depending on the amount of fenugreek and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add the fenugreek.
- Cover and let stand 5 minutes, after which strain and drink.
- Green bean infusion: use 3 bean pods per cup of water.
- In a saucepan put a cup of water and the 3 bean pods.
- Cook covered for 8 minutes.
- Let stand 3 minutes, strain and drink.
- Green tea infusion: put a cup of water in a saucepan and boil.
- When it boils, remove from heat. Add the green tea, cover and let stand for 5 minutes, strain and drink.